USC Guest Speaker – Thanks Twitter

C Foote technolibrary@cathyjo Hello library school
students! You’re entering a great, innovative and growing possession–web 2.0 is the library wave!31
minutes
ago
from web inreply to cathyjo
Ann Oro njtechteacher@cathyjo Hello from New Jersey USA
near New York City – enjoy your presentation!about 1 hour ago from web in reply to cathyjo
dmcordell dmcordell@cathyjo Hi to you and the SLIS 761
students! I spent the day at home today due to icy roads & highwinds in upstate New York.about 1 hour ago from web in reply to cathyjo
Cory Peppler pepteach@cathyjo Hello, U. of So. Carolina!
from a sweltering 8 deg in Milwaukee. Still -9 wind chills. about 1 hour ago from web in reply to
cathyjo
Claudia Ceraso fceblog @cathyjo Hi SLIS 761students from cloudy Buenos Aires, Argentina.Hope you enjoy conversation with Cathy. about 1 hour ago from web in reply to cathyjo
Kevin Jarrett kjarrett@cathyjo Hello SLIS 761 students
from Southern New Jersey, USA! about 1 hour ago from web in reply to cathyjo
kimothymack kimothymack@Cathyjo Hello from Las Vegas! about 1 hour ago from web in reply to cathyjo
Glenn Moses mrmosesdotorg@cathyjo – Hello from Las Vegas,
NV. about 1 hour ago from Snitter in reply to cathyjo
Deacs84 Deacs84@cathyjo Hello from Hot(currently
COLD)Atlanta! about 1 hour ago from Snitter in reply to cathyjo
nzchrissy nzchrissy@cathyjo Hi SLIS students from
Napier, New Zealand about 1 hour ago from twhirl
in reply to cathyjo
Chris Lehmann chrislehmann@cathyjo Hello from Philadelphia,
PA! about 1 hour ago
from twitterrific in reply to cathyjo
Icon_star_empty
Lisa Parisi LParisi@cathyjo Hello SLIS 761 students.
Welcome from Long Island, NY, USA. about 1 hour ago from web in reply to cathyjo
Robin Ellis robinellis@cathyjo hello from PA about 1 hour ago
from web in reply to cathyjo
alice barr alicebarr@cathyjo Hello SLIS 761 students! I’m from Maine about 1 hour ago from Snitter in reply to cathyjo
K Christopherson kwhobbes@cathyjo Hi SLIS 761 students from
really cold Saskatchewan where it’s -38C right now. about 1 hour ago from twhirl in
reply to cathyjo

Beth Knittle bknittle@cathyjo Hi SLIS 761 students from
Cape Cod Mass about 1 hour ago from Spaz in
reply to cathyjo
Fred Delventhal Riptide_Furse@cathyjo Hello students in South
Carolina from Washington, DC about1 hour ago from web in reply to cathyjo

Thanks to all of you who answered my tweet for a warm hello this afternoon as I talked with a “School of Library and Information Science” (SLIS) class. They were a graduate class from the University of South Carolina that I was meeting virtually as guest presenter/lecturer. It was really cool to be able to have face to face interactions with my former professor/advisor from 11 years ago, and answer questions from a chatroom forum. USC exposed me to many cutting edge tools as I worked towards my degree in the mid to late 90s, and I can see that they are still cutting bloody edge today, and continue to expose future librarians to the newest tools they’ll want for their school library program. They were really impressed with my network of friends and the international flavor they have! I had a student contact me after the class to tell me she remembered me from my very first teaching job. We taught in the same little school in Bowman, South Carolina, where I taught my first five years. 1986 was such a long time ago. But this walk down memory lane brought back fond memories, so thanks Karen! And thanks Donna Shannon, for allowing me to speak to your class.

4 Responses to “USC Guest Speaker – Thanks Twitter”

1.   Lisa Parisi Says:

How wonderful an opportunity for you. And glad to help out a member of the network. Isn’t that what networking is all about, afterall?

2.   technotuesday Says:

Thanks Lisa–now PLEASE tell me u will be at NECC. I so wished you had been at Educon!

3.   Donna Shannon Says:

Cathy,
    Thank you for spending time with my class yesterday! We are all very impressed with all that you have been doing to create engaged learning experiences for your students with web 2.0 tools. I’m sure many of my students will be in touch with you! And, thanks to all of your twitter friends who sent us greetings!
    Donna

4.   Ann O Says:

I’m always glad to help if I see a tweet. How did you embed the actual tweets? I clicked on @mrmosesdotorg and got to his Twitter page. That was unique. I thought it was a screen shot.

Ann